Address: 4354 Metchosin Road
The Church of St. Mary the Virgin was built in 1873. Two acres of land for church and churchyard was the gift of Mr. John Witty, of Bilston Farm. The list of subscriptions to the Building Fund was headed by Sir James Douglas with a donation of $100. In 1876 the churchyard was fenced and at the Harvest Festival, August 29th, the ground was consecrated and set apart for a cemetery. On this day the bell which has called the faithful to worship ever since was rung for the first time.