Address: 4475 Happy Valley Road
The Metchosin Schoolhouse was opened in the spring of 1872 and is the first school building opened in British Columbia after confederation. Classes began with Mrs. Elizabeth Fisher teaching seven girls and three boys. The school closed in 1914, reopened in 1942 and closed again in 1949. It was opened once more in 1972; this time as the Metchosin School Museum.
The Museum's collection is made up of hundreds of historical artifacts in the setting of an old schoolhouse.
Open April to October - Saturdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
Background image and photos by Toad Hollow Photography,
see more of Scott's photos of the contents of the museum here